1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I really enjoyed my time at Hays. Before my placement I had a rough idea of what the recruitment industry was like, however after completing my placement i have a good understanding of what the job entails and the perks of the job.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt highly valued by my colleagues within my department and built good relationships with various members of my team, who i still stay in contact with now.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
The support provided by my manager was excellent. If i ever felt i had an issue i was able to approach them and know that i would gain the necessary support and advice.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Each day at Hays was always different, which made the job more enjoyable. There was always something to be done and every day was productive.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I held a high level responsibility within my department, especially for a placement student. I was both responsible for Clients and Candidates, which has helped me develop valuable skills.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The skills i gained from my placement year have been of great help so far with regards to my academic studies. I have been able to transfer the experience of my placement into examples for my courseworks. Furthermore, my highly developed communication and time management skills have been invaluable for my year so far.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere in my office was very much 'work hard, play hard', which i really enjoyed. Although the office is very friendly, there is the expectation that you remain productive at all times.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The placement was well organised with various training schemes and appraisal processes in place.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Hays invests a lot of money into the development of all of their staff, including their placement students, which i think is a great idea as you gain a good understanding of the company and what is expected of you. As well as developing you for your role at Hays, the training also helped me to develop my personal skilss, which as mentioned previously have been invaluable to me.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I would be interested to rejoin Hays after graduating to progress further with a career in recruitment.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
The Social Scene at Hays was great. There is always something happening every week as well as incentives as an award for achievement.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
London can be expensive but there is a variety of places to go that can cater for all types of bugets and tastes.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
The Nightlife is superior in London and as mentioned above, there are so many different places to go, dependent on what you are looking for.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
At Hays they have a SET team who regular arrange various social events which allow you to socialise outside of work. This alongside weekly drinks at the local means theres plenty of time to get involved with colleagues outside of the workplace.