Assist in creating spreadsheets and assemble graphs and charts to illustrate technical financial reports. Collect and interpret data concerning the organization’s investment programs such as price, economic influences, yield, and stability future trends. Make sure that financial documents are in compliance with government regulations.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Everyone was very friendly and helpful plus as some many interns are taking on in one go, you make friends with your colleagues very easily and have a wealth of people to go to for advice.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Was taken good care of at the company in the sense that employees were attentive and happy to answer questions especially during shadowing.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My manager worked very closely with me and took time to explain complex technical situations to ensure that i could keep up. I will be keeping in touch with them in the future.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Some days were extremely busy and other days, I had free time. There are always opportunities to pick up extra work though - organising socials, getting involved with different networks etc.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
You are given as much responsibility as you are willing to take on.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I have learnt so many skills that i will use for the rest of my life. The whole experience has been a huge eye opener and one of the best decisions i have ever made.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The office atmosphere was great! Hard working but friendly and fun too.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The organisation was outstanding, each day was planned out.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I not only had training on how to do my own job but I had training in lots of other departments within the organisation so that I could gain a better understanding of how the company works as a whole.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
A great place to work and offers many new opportunities. I certainly would love to go work for them full time.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
A variety of events with interns/students and colleagues, lots of stuff to get involved with!
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I was living at home so living costs were minimal
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Expensive.Best place to be though.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?