The job description will vary depending on the project that you are assigned too and the role that you are doing within that. It can range from project management style support to more technology based roles.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
The enjoyment of the project can vary dependant on the project that you are on as each will have a different team, culture, etc. Some may also involve a commute or having to stay on client site during the week.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Again it is dependant on the project, but generally everyone that I worked with was supportive and willing to help.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My manager was very good. She had a good balance between providing support with regular review meetings but also let me get on with work without constantly checking up on me.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
As with any job it varies, but there was usually enough work to fill the day comfortably but not so much work that I had to stay late regularly to get it done.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was allowed to take on as much responsibility that I wanted/ that I could handle.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
A lot of very practical skills learnt e.g. communication and computer skills that are transferable for university and future jobs.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
I had a very social team for my second project with a casual approach in the office as it was not client facing. On a client site you have to be more professional and blend in the with their culture.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Accenture take a lot of placement students so they have a lot of experience in doing so which is beneficial. Sometimes however, there are some problems with getting information etc as they are managing a lot of people.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Initial week of comprehensive external training on excel, communication skills, presentations skills, etc. After that it was predominantly on-the-job training and development
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
A good number of placement students get an offer for graduate roles if you perform well.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Each project has a budget for regular social events, there will be a few intern events as well.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
London is expensive for drinking.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Central London has a lot of venues to suit whatever you fancy.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?