Dealing with all bookings (via website or phone), account management of a select number of golf clubs, selling the product to the clubs (i.e. getting them to sign up to the website), operations based tasks (i.e. improving the business processes as the product is relatively new)
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I enjoyed working for Golfbreaks, the companies working environment is very good.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
There are plenty of 'rewards' which ensure staff feel their work is valued.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I was given constant feedback on work, and constructive advice on how I could improve in the future
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Due to the seasonality of the business, there are periods where it is quiet, and times when you are 100% busy, but on the whole there were no issues
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given complete responsibility on one task to set up a new aspect of sales which was fantastic
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
As the company is so well run, it was an excellent company to be part of and has laid fantastic foundations for my management skills.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
It was very enjoyable and fun, but not detracting from the work. Work hard, play hard sums it up.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
I was the first placement student in this department, so it was a learning curve for everyone, but there were no problems.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I felt I was as involved in any training as the full-times staff.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I was told I would be welcome back, and if I didn't already have plans, would strongly consider it.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
The social scene within Golfbreaks is one of the best aspects. Everyone gets involved, Friday drinks after work is always good fun!
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Windsor is a fairly expensive place. I lived right in the centre of town, which wasn't cheap, but it is possible to live only a few minutes drive away which reduces costs a lot.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
There are plenty of bars and clubs in Windsor and the surrounding area.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There are regular 'Familiarisation Trips' to venues (which are free!!) which all staff are able to go on and are great fun, and usually to some very good golf courses!!