Vacation Scheme, Corporate Department at Shoosmiths

Reading South East
Corporate Law Legal/Law

9.1/10

We had to work on a mini project throughout the week which we then present to 3 staff (including the training principal and human resources manager) at the end of the week, alongside having an exit interview.
During the week you also get given work from various solicitors/paralegals to help out on such as research, filing documents, writing memorandums and investigating into company articles of association.

The placement was a really enjoyable experience, being a really nice place to work.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at Shoosmiths

To say I was only there for a week they still made me feel really valued

There was a fair bit of guidance however, most of it was work given to do alone

The skills will greatly assist me when I go on to be a trainee as the tasks they gave were very much like the work they give the trainees.

It was well structured, working mainly on one case per day

The atmosphere was great, everyone in the office is really nice and down to earth

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at Shoosmiths

Again to say I was only there for a week, the company gave a lot of time and work for me to have a go at

I feel the experience was an accurate reflection of what it would be like to have a full time role here, apart from maybe the hours!

The insight actually really made me understand Shoosmiths culture, I did not expect it to be so friendly and laid back compared to other firms of its size (in a very good way)!

I already knew my future career path before the placement. However, I still feel it helped me understand more on how different firms can actually be.

I was paid £250 for the week

Yes there were lots of opportunities for networking and meeting others, mainly through lunch and the new friday (on thursday evenings)

They were good, a nice opportunity to talk to trainees to get more of a feel of what the firm is like actually being a trainee there.

Yes employees get involved in activities such as netball, charity fundraising events and new fridays!

I would definitely recommend applying to Shoosmiths for a vacation scheme/job