Industrial student chemist at Lubrizol

Lubrizol is a Top Employer

6.7/10

6.6

6.5

Performing chemical reactions to afford products desired by technology managers.I also arranged testing on the smaples synthesised. Finally I presented my work in meetings and wrote written reports detailing my work.

It was nice to get an insight into working life. The people I met on the placement were great, however the job itself was only average.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at Lubrizol

My colleagues were great. Everyone I encountered was friendly, and you were made to feel the work you was doing was appreciated.

This was the perfect balance. My supervisor told me what sort of work needed doing, and let me make some independant decisions.

The business varied day to day. No matter what their was always things to do. The one struggle was keeping up with the paperwork as lab work was intensive.

I would say I was given more responsibility then I imagined when I started my placement. After training I was trusted to do reactions on my own.

I think the transferable skills I have developed are invaluable. Learning effective communication skills, team working skills and presentation skills will be of use all through my life. This placement has taught me all of these in abundance.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at Lubrizol

Me and my colleagues always had fun, to help each other through our days. However the fun did not intefere on our work as this was the most important thing.

The placement was well organised from the companies perspective.

The company allowed us to attend certain training courses to develop our lab skills to ensure safe working practices were followed. Also personal skills such as communication and team work were developed by the company.

Not sure.

Their was a close knit group who got on well spending time together outside of work.

The area was cheap enough.

Never went out on a night. Had work the next morning.

Opportunities were available if you invested the time to look for them.