Worked as a Management Consulting Analyst in a Supply Chain Planning team as part of a Global SAP Implementation for a multinational alcoholic beverages firm.
On a daily basis work could range from working on standalone design work, meeting with clients and reporting to senior management, to working in Microsoft Word and Excel and processing data.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Accenture is a brilliant company to work for. Your experience there is heavily dictated by the client that you work with. If you are lucky, as in my case, to get a really good client placing then you have the opportunity to push the scope of your work and hence your enjoyment.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Once you prove yourself within your team they will value you highly and treat you as a regular member of the team. From a social perspective it is one of the most welcoming and friendly environments I have worked in.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I was provided support and guidance where required, but at the same time my managers would trust me to work independently for extended periods.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
There is always work to do and you will never be bored, whether or not you have to stay in the office until late is purely down to project lifecycle. The work/life balance of their teams is a high priority for many managers.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Whilst not necessarily 'running the show' I was given an amazing amount of responsibility during my placement. This is completely dependent on your specific manager, but mine was brilliant and by the end of the placement I was running a small team of my own despite being many years junior of the members of my team.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Undoubtedly I attained skills that will be useful to me for life!
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
There was always a fun but professional atmosphere in the office.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The Graduate HR team did a highly impressive job of making the whole placement flow smoothly as well as organising socials for the interns.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The company has a big ethos that focus on the learning and development of it's employees. We had full employee access to these training schemes and were able to take advantage of these at any opportunity.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I have been offered a Summer Vacation Scheme place and then after that will hopefully be offered a job.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
As well as the socials organised by HR we met at least once a week for socials of our own.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
London is not cheap, but with an accomodation bonus from the company to help you get started and a very generous pay rate cost of living is not too serious a consideration.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Central London.... what more could you want!
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Accenture has a large number of clubs and societies that you are always welcome to get involved in.