First project: functional design work
Second project: programme management work
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I found the work very interesting and was given a lot of responsibility. Much more than i was expecting and truly showed how much they trusted me.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Very valued - the work I was doing was important to the running of the project and I knew it was adding value.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I was given a lot of support from HR. On my second project, however, I did not really have a line manager.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
First project I was not given enough work to do initially and had to bring this up with my line manager. He then addressed this issue and gave me more tasks and responsibility. On my second project I was given too much to do! I had to learn to manage people's expectations.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
A lot of responsibility - I worked mainly with senior managers in my second project.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Great extent, especially communication skills.
These skills have given me much more confidence and will help in future presentations i have to give etc.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
You are on the client site so you have to be professional at all times.
However, within the team there was a fair bit of banter which was good! a bit of light hearted fun
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Very well organised - very structured and good support network
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I only completed on the job training but this required my managers to spend time showing me the ropes.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Got a graduate job.
As long as you do a fairly good job and get along well with the team, they are more than likely to offer you a position.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
HR arranged social events for all interns
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Expensive but it is London!
Try house share, this will save you a lot of money and will mean you have more to play with !
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
You could be off-site where there is no nightlife. I was quite lucky and ended up in big cities.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Life@Engagement Team would organise events for those people working off-site