This review was submitted over 4 years ago, so some of the information it contains may no longer be relevant.

4.8/5
  • The Role
    4.7
  • The Company
    4.9
  • The Culture
    4.8

As a student chemist you will be part of a diverse and innovative group of scientists generating new ideas and applications that impact Lubrizol business worldwide. You will use your creativity and problem solving skills to discover novel chemistries and new technologies. You will be expected to work on the synthesis, process development and screen testing of a wide variety of speciality chemicals (engine additives).

• 1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
  • It was really nice to work there.

• 2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
  • Everyone is really nice and ready to help you if you need some help for anything.

• 3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
  • My supervisor was always here to give me some advice and help me when I needed him.

• 4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
  • I organized myself to be enough busy everyday.

• 5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
  • I have some responsibilities like for example talking during meetings in order to explain your results, ....

• 6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
  • I learnt a lot of things in chemistry that I will use after this placement.

• 7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
  • I was with the four others students in chemicals synthesis and the atmosphere was really good.

• 8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
  • The overall placement was seamless.

• 9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
  • I had a lot of training like for exemple training about communications skills, ...

• 10. What were the perks on your work placement?

Sports and Social Club

Above 25 days holiday

• 11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
  • Some of the fulltimer were students before my arrival.

• 12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
  • I develepo a lot of friendship with my other students but also colleagues.

• 13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
  • The cost of living and socialising is not so expensive.

• 14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
  • Derby is quite a big city where you can quite easily going out and have fun if you want it to.

• 15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
  • You can go to climbing, ....

15th May 2013