Sales and purchase ledger, credit control, pricing.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Great placement - I really enjoyed myself. There was lots of varied work to do so there was never a dull moment.
In addition, the placement was very rewarding in terms of experiance and exposure. I managed to work with some senior staff.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
The group of people at Golfbreaks are fantastic. Everyone is friendly and helpful and these is a good social scene mixed in with work.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
There was a lot of support available for me. My manager was really helpful and we got on really well.
If I had any questions around the task I was asked to do I could easily approach any member of my team and they would explain what I had to do.
My collegues understood I was a student and that I would have lots of questions.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
The daily tasks kept me occupied throughout the day and these were also weeklty and monthly projects to provide a good amount of variety.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given a good deal of responsibility during my placement. I was encouraged to work independantly but was assisted when it was required.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The training was excellent. I receieved extra bookeeping lessons which helped with modules when I was back at uni.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere in the office is great. I've done two placements as part of my degree course and this is the best company I've worked for. The staff are friendly and everyone is very up-beat.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Well, they have a lot of students and therefore there is an established training and induction scheme in place.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The education given wasn't all necessary for me just to do my job well. They try to help you when you go back to university as well.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I have got a job with them now I have graduated.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Very good. There are always Friday night drinks and the odd trip to hotels.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Windsor is reasonably expensive as a place to live but within a 15 min drive there are much cheaper places to live. Food isn't ridiculously expensive but drinks can be pricy. You soon suss out the cheaper places to drink. Much cheaper than London.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Very good, very busy at weekends and a good variety of bars.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Loads - after work drinks, trips to venues and a large group of other students to socialise with.