Ammending and adding on extras to current booking, in th UK and world wide.
Dealing with customer enquiries and complaints (Phone and email)
Training of new students
Possibility to experience work in other departments
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
My complete experience was amazing, from training, getting to know the team and the full experience in customer service.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Every member of the team always worked together, aiming to get as much completed to the highest possible level! I keep in contacts with some of them now.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Managers where always updating us with new training, to ensure we where well equipped and always there if any problems arised.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
There was always a nice substantial workflow which was suited to each of us, never TOO much, always just right.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
As much as we wanted, the more you asked for the more you got. As long as you proved that you where motivated and well equipped.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
everything I learnt during my placement will help me towards many situations for my future, being part of the customer service meant that on a day to day basis I dealt with a very large range of people. I believe I have gained much knowledge on people handling as well as data.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
There where many events which we where able to participate in and fam trips. when it was busy we still had time to make things competitive but in a fun way.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
From start to finish the set up was perfect, for all of us it worked out very well. Including accomodation outside of work.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
We where able to also train the new students.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
the company are looking to placement students each year, with a will to learn and keen interest in their company.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes, we where very close and where also events, nights out between the full timers also.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
average, quite expensive in some places, but depending on the places you go you can get some deals.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Again depending on where you go, a wide range of different scenes.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes a few, mainly golf and football with work collegues, but many activities and clubs outside of work.