Entering invoices, reconciling the bank statements, dealing with venues accounts departments, and solving any queries with rates.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I really enjoyed my year working for Golfbreaks, and would recommend the opportunity.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Everyone in my team supported each other.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My Manager was very supportive and was there if I needed her, she had also previously been a placement student so was very good for guidance.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Day to day I was very busy, as were the rest of the team, but there was always support there if you were overloaded.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
When I first began I was surprised at how much responsibility I was given, my role directly impacted on others in the department.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I would definitely say that my placement year has been worthwhile. I learnt a lot about myself and where I want to be in the future, also my skills in business have improved which will help me long-term.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Everyone knew each other and the atmosphere was very positive, you could approach any of the Managers for help.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Initially you have a broad training schedule and then move into your individual department. My department was very well run, and so my placement was well organised.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
During my time I did have a few Accountancy lessons run by my Manager which were really good, unfortunately they were not a regular thing though.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Windsor is a very expensive place to rent.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Windsor is a relatively quiet place.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?