Finance Assistant at Golfbreaks.com

Windsor Greater London

7.5/10

7.6

Entering invoices, reconciling the bank statements, dealing with venues accounts departments, and solving any queries with rates.

I really enjoyed my year working for Golfbreaks, and would recommend the opportunity.

Everyone in my team supported each other.

My Manager was very supportive and was there if I needed her, she had also previously been a placement student so was very good for guidance.

Day to day I was very busy, as were the rest of the team, but there was always support there if you were overloaded.

When I first began I was surprised at how much responsibility I was given, my role directly impacted on others in the department.

I would definitely say that my placement year has been worthwhile. I learnt a lot about myself and where I want to be in the future, also my skills in business have improved which will help me long-term.

Everyone knew each other and the atmosphere was very positive, you could approach any of the Managers for help.

Initially you have a broad training schedule and then move into your individual department. My department was very well run, and so my placement was well organised.

During my time I did have a few Accountancy lessons run by my Manager which were really good, unfortunately they were not a regular thing though.

Windsor is a very expensive place to rent.

Windsor is a relatively quiet place.