1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I thoroughly enjoyed my placement at Golfbreaks.com, I was given a lot of responsibility and built on a lot of key skills. It is a great company to work for and the office has a brilliant working atmosphere. As well as learning a lot from the job role a made a lot of new friendships.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt very valued by my colleagues. The customer service team work closely as a team and are always wiling to help each other out.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My manager was always there to support me if I had any issues or was stuggling at all. We had regular team meetings where we could bring up ay issues and also regular one to ones.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Being part of the customer service team meant the majority of days I was always busy and never short of work. There are always new queries to deal with and this makes the days more interesting! In the quiet period of the year there was the chance to get involved in different departments which I think is a great opportunity.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given the same responsibility as a full time member of staff on the customer service team which is rare in many student placements. This made me feel valued and the responsibility gave me motivation to always give 100%.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The skills I learnt and developed will stay with me for life now. I have gained a great deal of confidence from my placement and the placement definately gives me a great base for writing my dissertation.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere in the office is a fun working environment. Although everyone works extremely hard it is a fun and lively office to work in.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
To begin I had 2 weeks worth of 'classroom' training which meant I was more confident when going out into the office and beginning my role in the customer service team. We also had training sessions throughout the year.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The company encouraged us to make personal targets to aim towards throughout the year and these were always reviewed in one to ones with managers.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Many employees within the company are previous placement students and if you make a good impression on your placement there is a good chance of a job after graduation. I hope to return after my studies!
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There is a great social scene amongst placement students and colleagues! As there is a large number of students in the office and many live together there are always social events and regular nights out arranged.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Cost of living and socialising is fairly high in the area! I was used to the cheap prices of the North so it was a little bit of an adjustment but manageable!
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Although Windsor isn't known as a party town there are plenty of place to go to have a good night! Especially with a large group there's always somewhere to go on a Friday/Saturday night.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
The guys in the office are involved in golf competitions and weekly football. As there are such a large number of students its always easy to organise activities yourself though!