Audit Intern at BDO

Birmingham West Midlands

BDO is a Top Employer

7.7/10

Basic audit/accountancy work such as casting and calling, helping with walkthroughs, the cash and bank, and fixed assets section as well as completing a group and individual presentations.

Enjoyable - this is accountancy after all! But seriously it was good, and the time spent with all the other interns in London made it more memorable.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at BDO

Everyone treated me well in my office and took time to tell me lots about the job.

This is only a 6 week placement so this is probably isnt very relevant, however I had a good buddy and counselling manager. All the members of staff were approachable and answered any questions I had well.

My office were very good to me and gave me a lot of experience in the short time I was there, with me being out of the office on audits most of the time. I felt busy most of the time.

Considering how much I knew about auditing (hardly anything), the tasks I was given seemed mostly appropriate to my knowledge.

Suprisingly enough me there is not a lot of similarity between accounting and my degree but I wasn't expecting that. I'd say you learn a lot about how businesses run generally which is useful, and obviously you learn a lot of relevant skills if you're going to do accounting as a career!

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at BDO

An office of accountants is never going to be the wildest place in the world, I'd say it was professional and everyone I met was friendly, helped by the fact there was a lot of young audit graduates there.

Very well organised - the week in London before we started in our regional offices was good, and when I got to back to Birmingham they had all my projects assigned to me when I got there.

A lot. The time in London was very generous considering how short the internship was.

If you're going to go into accountancy I'd fully recommend BDO, as unlike the big four you get to work with slightly smaller clients and gain more experience in all aspects of auditing.

Good, there was lots of the usual leaving/Friday drinks held and it was all very inclusive.

I live in Birmingham anyway, but its a good value place to live in.

Again Bham is pretty cheap compared to London.

If you're sporty definitely, otherwise there was still quite a lot of social events so overall yes.