Primarily worked within the Equities team of the Global Data Division in a group that provided a premium dividend-forecasting product for investors seeking to hedge dividend exposure; Daily tasks included: analysing company fundamentals, contacting IR departments and responding to client queries.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Some very interesting groups and teams to work in. Some tasks became a bit repetitive after a while.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
All the interns got on really well and we still continue to be good friends even after the internship.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Team were very helpful, always happy to answer questions. Sometimes reaching out to other people in the organisation was a bit more tricky as not everyone had the time/interest to see you.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Took on a long project which kept me occupied everyday. Daily tasks seemed to only take up a small portion of the day though.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Was able to contribute to some valuable work for the team.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
IT skills, finance knowledge and also time management skills will help me in everything I do for the rest of my life.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Lots of intern events, well planned training sessions - perhaps it would have been better to have more rotational projects.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Most people were very happy to help and guide me towards achieving my goal.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Got the job
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
At least once a week there was a night out.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
London is naturally expensive!
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Although not everyone lived nearby so it was difficult for everyone to get involved.