Global Data, Summer Intern at Bloomberg

Banking - Investment Banking/Finance

Bloomberg is a Top Employer

7.7/10

Primarily worked within the Equities team of the Global Data Division in a group that provided a premium dividend-forecasting product for investors seeking to hedge dividend exposure; Daily tasks included: analysing company fundamentals, contacting IR departments and responding to client queries.

Some very interesting groups and teams to work in. Some tasks became a bit repetitive after a while.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 6 roles at Bloomberg

All the interns got on really well and we still continue to be good friends even after the internship.

Team were very helpful, always happy to answer questions. Sometimes reaching out to other people in the organisation was a bit more tricky as not everyone had the time/interest to see you.

Took on a long project which kept me occupied everyday. Daily tasks seemed to only take up a small portion of the day though.

Was able to contribute to some valuable work for the team.

IT skills, finance knowledge and also time management skills will help me in everything I do for the rest of my life.

lively

Lots of intern events, well planned training sessions - perhaps it would have been better to have more rotational projects.

Most people were very happy to help and guide me towards achieving my goal.

Got the job

At least once a week there was a night out.

London is naturally expensive!

London!

Although not everyone lived nearby so it was difficult for everyone to get involved.