Tax Assistant at BDO

6.5

Preparing tax returns
Drafting letters/emails
Tax law research

The placement was really well organised.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at BDO

Everyone appreciated the work I did and came out for lunch on my last day.

I was given help whenever I needed it, and had regular meetings with my counselling manager

I would have liked to have juggled more jobs at any one time, instead of having a to-do list it was more a case of finishing one job and having to keep asking for more work. However I was rarely bored.

I was not given very much responsibility, spent more time doing small tasks that other people did not have time to do, very important tasks but often admin based.

Writing and behaving in a professional way is a skill for life.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at BDO

The people were really friendly and nice but it often felt quite empty and quiet

The organisation was brilliant! The placement started and ended with a trip to London and the managers were well prepared in the regional offices.

The company spent a lot of money on us and did provice 3 days of training in London. However this knowledge was not really put into practice in the office.

I would very much like to move my career forward in some way with BDO, and they seem to have every intention of making an offer if you perform well.

Not so much in the regional offices since there were only 2 of us but the week long intro was great, everyone went out together.

I already live there

Didn't really go out but as I live there already i know its really good.

There were a couple of socials but I was unable to attend due to short notice