Procurement P2P Support Analyst at NSG

Lathom North West
Business Analytics Business Management Purchasing and Supply

8.2/10

Analysing data, developing process maps and training material, supporting sourcing activities, supporting projects such as Activity Studies and eInvoicing.

I thoroughly enjoyed my placement year.

Everyone was supportive and offered praise for the work I had carried out.

All of the management team were approachable and would offer as much support and guidance as required.

At the start of my placement I had very little work to do as I was still learning the processes however after a month there was a perfect balance. Towards the end of placement when handover was required I felt very busy.

I was given responsibility over the projects I was working on with regular reviews and support from my supervisor.

I think the skills I have learned on placement and my personal development have helped me focus on my studies and will increase my employability once I have graduated.

Everyone was very friendly in the offices, some days it was quiet as people were travelling (which is good because you can get more work done) and some days it was more social and we occasionally had days out and activity days.

Pilkingtons was very organised setting up the placement, the only criticism I have is that my role was not clear for a month, but this is due to the fact that the role was newly created. My university placement team was very poorly organised but this does not reflect on my employer.

Within the short time I was at Pilkington, they sent me on numerous courses and developed many projects to build my skills.

I think I have a good chance to return to Pilkington if there were positions available.

There was only one other placement student however the graduates in Procurement and other colleagues would organise social events regularly.

I lived at home during my placement so my costs were low. Generally the North West is a low cost place to live.

Lathom were the office is based is in a remote location however it is relatively easy to get to Liverpool, Manchester, Southport etc.

Most of the opportunities were sports related.