As an intern, I had access to a wide variety of tasks and projects.
Working in Business Restructuring I did vital work on a number of cases, including report writing for bankruptcies, investigations into companies, case reviews and dealing with creditors and debtors.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Really enjoyable with a wide variety of work to do.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
A friendly, family environment. felt like part of the team from day one.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Had a 'buddy' and manager who regularly checked on me to make sure I felt comfortable and were always on hand when I had questions.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
work was a little slow due to being the summer holidays but they always found items for me to learn about.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
A suitable amount, some tasks gave me a strong responsibility, whilst others were less so. A good balance.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Definite skills that are transferable to all aspects of my degree and jobs beyond.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
A great, friendly atmosphere.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
1st week was at head office in london, for all interns to meet and have an induction. Given a laptop for the internship and all went without a hitch.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Spent a lot of time and effort, first week at head office in london. No expense was spared, felt very valued.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Really strong, welcomed back.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes but couldn't make the most of it as was going on holiday.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
good but couldnt make the most of it.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes, many opportunites, such as football, marathons and away days.