Resourcing - Overall responsibility for tracking Downstream Functions (DSF) and Projects & Technology (P&T) roles within the Shell account. Responsible for ensuring candidates are sourced, logged and submitted within key KPI’s, maintaining relationships with key stakeholders within both Shell and Accenture as well as conducting weekly catch-up calls to support this.
Contract Management - Monitoring the status of DSF/P&T contracts through regular contact with CFM team, supporting signature of UK SOWs, ensuring upload into ARMs for UK SOWs and ensuring ARMS tracker is up-to-date and ensuring timely closure of fully billed PAs in IQN.
Also responsible for the production of the monthly invoicing analysis report and quarterly resource report.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Some of the work I did was quite repetitive, not much interaction with the client. However, learnt a lot and found it very rewarding, met some fantastic and helpful people and gained invaluable experience.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
By the end of my placement I was very close to the other members of my team and really felt like part of the group. I felt like my opinion mattered and my contribution was acknowledged.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Always had help if I needed it and a variety of different people to approach.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Varied. Some days were very busy while others were a bit slow with not much to do, although I always had some background tasks to get on with.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Produced reports which were sent to Senior Executives. Was completely responsible for my sections and lead some calls.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Excel skills have dramatically improved as has my confidence and networking abilities.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Open plan office so there are always lots of people vcoming and going and on phone calls.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Induction week really set me up for the rest of my time on the project and I took over as another member of the team was leaving.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Attended an Excel course free of charge and the company arranged extra sessions and information sessions.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Company is fantastic and the opportunities they offer are wonderful. Would definitely accept an offer!
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Intern events were organised by the company as well as provate get togethers and remaining in contact. Induction week developed team bonding.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Organised events were fantastic and also drinks after work with the team.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Plenty of clubs to join and extra events or volunteering and information sessions.