Sales Operations Assistant at IBM

Bedfont Lakes

This review was submitted over 4 years ago, so some of the information it contains may no longer be relevant. Click here to view the most recent reviews for IBM

IBM is a Top Employer

4.3/5

4.3
4.5

Assisting in the day-to-day organisation and analysis of deals & potentials deal to clients in the travel & transport and Consumer Products Industry.

I'm working in a great team, in a role with a large amount of responsibility, flexibility & variety

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 7 roles at IBM

colleagues are very supportive of any help & assistance I can offer & actively look to involve me in upcoming projects

With both a task manager & a professional development manager at IBM I have support in relation to my day-to-day job & tasks and my general welfare and bigger ambitions at IBM. Both are readily available to contact whilst the more formal process of quarterly reviews allows tracking of my development as the year progresses.

With a large network within IBM I have both weekly tasks that need to be completed, whilst I can also approach different members of out team if I seek to become more involved in tasks & projects.

As the only person performing my role within this sector, colleagues approach me & expect me results.

a years internship is great within IBM. It gives you a chance to sample what you like & dont like, which hopefully highlights your strengths! From working within sales operations I'm really developing strong organisational skills, especially as I have a high level of independence.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 7 roles at IBM

Offices are always buzzing with life, as desks are flexible, so your always meeting & seeing new faces.

IBM have a great structure in place, straight from the induction in which you get to meet loads of new people whilst also learning a lot about the company & how it's run. Colleagues are very open and suppprtive to intern students & helping them learn, by getting them involved wherever possible

Aside from the induction & on the job training IBM offer a large range of extra activities (Giveback Scheme) that internship students can get involved in such as projects to benefit the local community.

My current hope is to gain 'fast track' access & join IBMs Graduate scheme after university in 2011

With lots of internship students starting alongside you there's a great atmosphere and lots going on from a catch up at lunch time to nights out & planned holidays Skiing

I lived in Windsor and as this is a tourist town it tends to be quite expensive. However IBM internship students live all over North & West London and there are lots of cheap alternatives.

Windsor has a good nightlife...although a lot of clubs & bars operate an 'over 21s' policy at the weekend. But in general there are loads of decent places for a night out across west London.

IBM's 'Giveback scheme' offers endless opportunties to get involved and volunteer in many different opportunites supporting local organisations, schools etc. IBM also participate in the Corporate Games, a large sporting event held over a weekend.