I worked mainly as a Project Management assistand for my project so had a varied role often doing admin tasks and more...
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Great variety of work and fantastic people. A downside would be working away from home during the week
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
The people are BRILLIANT. People couldn't be friendlier
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
People very busy but will always have time to help you out
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Variable. I found work often comes in chunks so you can be very busy and then sometimes quite quiet. I don't think there's any problem with that though
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Good amount given i was only there for 7 weeks
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Good for IT skills, people skills and organisational skills
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Great people. Really busy but people always happy to have a chat or laugh.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Very well organised and lots of contact with your reps. Lots of events organised. I went to a project that regularly had interns so the role was already well defined.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Excellent on this front. During our induction week we were given a day's training in Excel, talks on presentation, how to interact with people and teamwork. Accenture are very keen to develop you and the process goes on through your internship with objectives being set and reviewed.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
They are transparent about this. There is a good chance of a future position but this obviously depends on each person.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Socials are organised every couple of weeks and are very well attended. the intens are all great fun and really keen to interact. Spending the induction week together helps with this aspect
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I was on an out of town project so most of your costs are covered on expenses.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
People are busy on project and we lived in a hotel out of town. Often people just sit in their rooms and order room service!
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There is football organised which is great. Team outings are sometimes organised. Team do go out for dinner quite regularly so there is defnite interaction