Assist our clients in managing their golf breaks and making any necessary amendments that they require. Collecting payments and booking any holiday extras was also part of my job.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Great bunch of people to workk with, which made working very enjoyable, even through busy periods
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Everyone was brilliant, made a lot of great mates that I will definately keep in touch with.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
We were pretty much left to do the job which was great responsibility but the management was there if we were stuck and needed help
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
It varied throughout the year depending on the golfing season. Some months were a lot busier than others, but on the whole I always had work to do so was rarely bored.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
It was a great environment to work in. Everyone was their own character and we kept each other amused and motivated even when it was really busy.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
My manager noticed areas in which I could improve and did what they could to help me develop in these areas.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
there are a number of different deparments in the company that all offer appealing job prospects for jobs in the future
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Friday night drinks in Windsor was a standard weekly thing! Lots of work and student nights out. All the students I worked with became really good mates.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Where I lived the living costs were not too bad but I know a lot of people who lived in Windsor centre had quite expensive rent. A lot of the Windsor bars can be quite expensive but there are 2 weatherspoons bars which is good for cheap drinks!
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
A night in Windsor is a good laugh (can be expensive). Ending up in Liquid was standard!
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Lots of social events to attend as well as frequent FAM trips to visit the venues we deal with. It was a fantastic placement for socialising