Learn about the Bloomberg terminal and its numerous function.
Put together reserach documents and spreasheets for clients.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Very nice working environment. Good team spirit and made to feel very intergral to the team. Work was challening but was always well supported.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Made to feel part of the team very quickly. Included in all team meetings and events and was included in various social activities. Good working relationships developed quickly and never felt like I could ask for help or guidance.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Very friendly mentor for whole period. Helped manage workload and organise training and activitiesto ensure days were varied and got the most of the intership. Made sure I was never bored or had nothing to do.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Days were always varied with lots of events and training on offer. Was a balance to getting out what you put it. Quite a lot of time learning new excel functions and managing functions but all part of the experience.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Responsibility vaired and increased over time. Initially limited but after completing projects increased as I became more competant.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Lots of skills learnt both specific to my role and also more generally. Very useful for future career development.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Varied form week to week. Team was generally very busy but atmosphere was never too serious. Lots of team members travelled for work so there were some periods where their were not that many people in.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Excellent process. Great HR supervision and organisation. Always kept us informed of what we needed to do and when and offered help every step ofthe way.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Had extensive training across the business not just for specific role. Huge variety in courses offered and lots of suplementary stuff on offer if you wanted it. Great online training system to make use of throughout.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Potential to return in future but not to placement department. Set intake system to develop new starters.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Lots of interns and events being organised and on offer. All very friendly but also no pressure to have to attend anything.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
City of London so quite high but internship is paid well so balances out depending in how much you want to go out and socialise.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Lots on offer. Middle of London so no end od things to do.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Lots of opportunities in company volunterring shceme with a variety of projects on offer to sign up to.