• Provide a high level of customer service by assisting customers and assessing their rental needs in person and/or by phone
• Effectively market the company while picking up and/or dropping off customers in a safe and courteous
• manner and assisting customers as needed
• Conduct follow-up with various businesses and customers, including insurance adjusters or agents, dealerships, auto body shops, road-side assistance and national reservations to obtain appropriate information regarding the status and availability of rentals and customers’ vehicles
• Clean vehicle interior and exterior by hand or by operating washing equipment when needed
• Notify Management of any known customer problems
Sales and Marketing/Financial Performance
• Apply appropriate rental charges and handle all forms of customer payment
• May collect and receive branch receivables or vehicles
• Understand, communicate and sell optional protection products, rental terms and conditions, vehicle
• features and benefits, fuel options and additional equipment
• Assist in Branch sales and marketing efforts to increase business and income
Fleet Management and Maintenance
• Notify Management of any known vehicle problems and any required vehicle maintenance
• Continuously build knowledge and skills, pursue training and development opportunities, and attend required company-sponsored training classes
• Maintain a regular and reliable level of attendance
• Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Great job if you work hard! Very varied and keeps you on your toes
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
From day one you are treated as one of the team- they respect you and the decisions that you make
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Support is always readily available if you seek it. If you sit back and wait it may not always come but if you ask everyone will be happy to help.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
At times it is incredibly busy. But despite long hours you never clock watch as there is always something going on!
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
From day one, you are in complete control of all aspects within the branch with the automonyto make your own decisions and effect the areas that are important to your branch.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
All the skills learnt were useful and will aid any development in future life. More than anything I have learnt to get up and organised on a daily basis and can work a 50-60 hour week!
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
At times it can be stressful as it is long hours, however you have to smile and get on with it! You are with your branch longer than you are with your family!
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Very well organised as it follows the Graduate Management trainee scheme- you are treated as a graduate starting out at ERAC.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
ERAC invested alot of time in my training with me being treated as an equal along with other trainees. Any help or guidance needed whether for career development or personal developent they are there to help!
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Guarenteed job with promotion!
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There was nobody else on my placement from University.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I stayed in the same City that I am at University at which was great for staying in contact with the University.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Sheffield is a great place in terms of nightlife! Great University City that is a great city to work in.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Many opportunities whether social or extra curricular. Lots of area/work nights out as well as projects in the local community to get involved in.