Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at Aldi
- 7. Would you recommend Aldi to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to Aldi
Completing project work on business needs. This includes gathering information, creating documents and creating presentations to present the results and our work to the directors. Said work may be used regionally to aid stores e.g training documents or aid directors in decision making.
-Excel skills: something you need to become really competent in. You will need to know how to work excel, how formulas work and how to put together various different documents. -Communication skills: This has to be tailored towards a corporate style of communication. The definition of know your audience -Presenting skills
You are given huge amounts of responsibility. Your work directly influences business operations and decisions.
Support & Guidance
Varied amounts. Some people are extremely supportive and will dedicate time to help and guide you. Others are not as helpful as they are either too buys or will not get directly involved. You often have to ply guidance out of them
Fast paced environment. Will make or break
The placement has been enjoyable. The business is fantastic to be involved with and the role is actually exciting and engaging. Unfortunately, due to being so busy and fast paced, places are lacking in attention to make this a great placement. If they diverted some attention or gave consideration to the smaller things it would be a 10/10
Network ASAP. The more contacts you know, the easier it is during your placement. There are times you dont know what to do or what to look for. In these times your placement are your go to. Have a good rest before starting. Its an intense but enjoyable journey
Placement (10 Months+)