Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at Aldi
- 7. Would you recommend Aldi to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to Aldi
High paced learning. Six months of the year in an Aldi store and six months based in your regions HQ undertaking project work. In store you will initially be on the shop floor stacking shelves, organising deliveries, cleaning etc. After you have that nailed down you get shown into the back office and get taught how ordering works and what is required to hit KPI's. In the HQ projects can vary but always important.
-Communication, being able to talk well to people from all walks of life - Responsibility, you will be in charge of 30 members of staff by the end of your store time -Team work, in store and as an IP team -Problem solving, again in store and during your time at head office -Planning, with so much going on all the time if your are not organised in the future the placement will be hard
Working for Aldi you really are thrown in at the deep end and expected to swim immediately given lots of responsibility. This is not to deter however because it can be extremely rewarding when you do manage to stay afloat.
Support & Guidance
Although your store time can be a little lonely as no one else in that store will be on the same programme you are however you always have access to your mentor if you have any question or are worried about anything.
Precise, fast paced, exciting and professional
Although the placement does wear you down a little during your store time due to the sheer physicality of role I thoroughly enjoyed it. Working with so many interesting people throughout Aldi really opened my eyes to how the world really works. It is a good opportunity to grow up.
Expect to work hard. 8 hours of sleep a night is critical. Do not expect to be able to go out during the week you will be far too tired. Be prepared for the strain on your social life. During the interview process use the buzz words and be professional whilst not loosing your personality.
Placement (10 Months+)
Yorkshire and Humberside