Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at Aldi
- 7. Would you recommend Aldi to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to Aldi
I work on internal and external permanent point of sale in Aldi stores. Our external design agency create the graphics and install guides from which I confirm the placement through analysing merchandising plans and schematics. Once confirmed, installation is arranged and the signs are fitted into new and upgrades stores. I make final creative decisions on bespoke stores designing the most appropriate graphics given the store size and location.
I have developed existing skills such as public speaking and organisation. I have often needed to present my work to large audiences answering on the spot questions. This has enabled me to plan more efficiently and increase confidence in my decision making skills. Working at Aldi has enhanced my communication skills, engaging in team meetings and feedback sessions with management has lead to a professional vocabulary set both written and verbal.
I was given great responsibility during my placement looking after and managing my own projects whilst making business decisions that will have a long term impact. I solely managed all marketing assets at Aldi's 2023 Supplier Conference designing and implementing a range of techniques.
Support & Guidance
During my placement I received great support, I had a mentor that helped and supported from both a personal and professional perspective. I had weekly catch ups with my direct leader discussing my workload and any support I felt was needed. I also worked within a great team who were always offering to help and support where needed.
Aldi have a great company culture. Although a corporate and professional atmosphere all teams are incredibly supportive of one another. Desks are open and mixed with other teams allowing for communication between departments. The canteen's at Aldi are used by all no matter the level of management meaning that you had great exposure with directors and were able to network with other colleagues.
I incredibly enjoyed my placement at Aldi. Working and learning from industry professionals has allowed me an insight into the areas of work I may wish to peruse after graduation. The hybrid working scheme helped me to keep a healthy work life balance, still being able to enjoy the things I did when at University. I was able to connect with other placement students from around the business learning from there experiences and making new friends.
I would advise others applying to Aldi to prepare for the fast paced working environment. Aldi work very quickly with tight deadlines therefor being organised and having the ability to work on multiple projects at once is paramount. You will quickly become the knowledge of your department therefor keeping up to date with possible changes that may affect your work is important for the success of projects.
Placement (10 Months+)