Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at Aldi
- 7. Would you recommend Aldi to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to Aldi
My role at Aldi changes everyday. The business is very fast growing, which gives you an opportunity to learn about all aspects of the business. When you are in stores, you are learning all of the roles and procedures that they complete. Then on your project work, you are identifying issues within the region and working to fix them.
Yes, the time within store gave me an increase level of maturity in the business environment. It has improved my public speaking and my analytic skills.
Yes, I have been given a lot of responsibility. I ran my own store for a week and was an assistant store manager for 3 months. Additionally, my project is my own responsibility and I am in charge of it.
Support & Guidance
Quite a bit, I have my mentor who I can contact whenever I need.
Culture is different to what I expected. Very professional but everyone is very motivated and friendly.
I really enjoyed my placement and am hoping to return after university.
Be prepared for the entire process to be hard. It is an extremely tough placement but you get so much out of it and learn to be such a better and more effective leader.
Placement (10 Months+)