Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at BSH
- 7. Would you recommend BSH to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to BSH
• Providing regular and ad hoc analysis to management and preparing presentations covering a variety of commercial, market and business topics • Liaising with the sales force, sales directors, senior management, executive management, to ensure relevance and develop existing processes. • Supporting with reports and SALA (sales analysis tool) user queries • Supporting with ad hoc sales reporting • Liaise re sales deductions, Net TO & profitability. • Obtaining data from SAP • Develop new reporting solutions and support with more complex queries
High level of Excel competency, PowerPoint Managing conflicting priorities Time management SAP Networking. Some presentation experience
Yes, my original manger left the business after my third week so taking on some of his responsibilities as well as new ones with my changing team and the needs of sales directors etc. There's no shortage of responsibility.
Support & Guidance
There was a fair amount of training offered however, with the specifics of the role you are required to think on your feet and learn through doing. There is a lot to learn so not everyone has the time to run through it all. Instructions were limited however, hopefully this is different now and you can thank me.
Quite relaxed and optimistic. BSH is doing well and there are lots of giveaways etc. There's also quite a few programs to get involved with - charity, competitions, coffee roulette. People are very understanding as long as you are meeting deadlines you've agreed to.
I very much enjoyed my placement. I've learnt a great deal of skills which I can use and put on my CV. Met some great people and stayed outside my comfort zone without getting overworked.
Think about the Brands and the initiatives. Look at home connect and other exciting innovations. You don't have love washing machines to enjoy working at BSH but you will learn a lot about the industry. There's a lot of communication involved as well as working on excel and sales systems so if you can demonstrate an aptitude towards those things then that's great.
Placement Year (10 Months+)
East of England