Vacation Schemer at Linklaters

Business Insight
Culture
4.7
Your Impressions

Vacation Scheme - sat in Energy and Infrastructure seat. Completed three trainee simulation tasks.

Overview

1. Please give an overview of the insight and what was involved on a day-to-day basis.

Very good in terms of work and pay. Enjoyable experience - had a really good principal and everyone I interacted with was willing to help and talk about their work. The work involved three simulation tasks which mirrored what trainees may be required to do. Challenging but definitely a good way to grow.

Skills

2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?

Yes, I was able to develop my commercial awareness, confidence and public speaking skills as well as my team work. I was challenged on an analytical front and therefore was able to stretch my criticality.

How would you rate the training provided during your experience?

How would you rate the knowledge learned around industry-specific skills during the experience?

How would you rate the knowledge learned around personal or professional skills during the experience?

Please rate how the knowledge learned has helped you with regards to your career development

Business Insight

3. What was it like understanding all about the business and potential roles available?

It was extremely helpful to find out more about what trainees are expected to do and how I can succeed as a trainee and the skills I need to develop.

Please rate how insightful you found the insight

How would you rate the structure of the insight

How would you rate business leader involvement during the insight

Culture

4. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?

Very good! I felt welcomed and comfortable. Being gay it was really important for me to feel accepted and I feel like the company paid attention to these details.

How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?

How would you rate the networking opportunities?

Please rate how valued you felt during your insight?

Your Impressions

I enjoyed the whole experience- well planned and well executed.

Please rate your level of enjoyment on the insight

Please rate how your experience met your expectations

Please rate the future employment prospects at Linklaters

7. Would you recommend Linklaters to a friend?

8. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Linklaters

Know the firm really well and prepare for being commercially and legally challenged. Contract knowledge is important