SSC Placement student at BDO

4.2/5

4.3
3.9
4.3

Loved the experience, the team and the company values.

I felt extremely valued in my role. I was rewarded on numerous occasions for my efforts.

My manager was lovely. He always made sure I was okay, provided help whenever I needed and made sure I was getting what I wanted out of my placement.

There were rare periods of quiet, particularly around December, but I was nearly always given sufficient work.

I felt they gave me a fair bit of responsibility but only because they knew if I could handle it. I was often challenged and I could ask if I wanted to try a more difficult task.

It has helped me a lot in terms of social and communication skills, IT skills and numerical skills. It has also provided me with a lot of insight into how corporations work and this has helped me a lot with my final year assignments.

Relaxed atmosphere, lots of friendly people and always someone to chat to on tea breaks!

Very organised from start to finish. I felt they put a lot of effort into training ang guiding at the beginning, and I never felt like I wasn't part of the team.

We were provided all the necessary training, plus we were able to sign up for numerous other training courses throughout, it was pretty much in your own hands.

There are many options such as graduate schemes, and they like to employ within the firm so would be highly interested in keeping you on if they like you.

There was a good mix of people but as there is a lot of placement students, there is a lot of younger people. There was opportunities for socials such as a free drink on Fridays.

Liverpool is a fairly inexpensive city to live and has a vibrant student community.

Liverpool has definitely one of the best nightlife scenes.

Some clubs to join such as five a side football but I never did any.