Working in the airline finance team specifically in the airports and pricing teams
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Loved my role and the company but felt like I was left without work to do after a while
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Everyone was so friendly and welcoming, I was treated as a typical team member not just a temporary member of the team
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My manager always had time free in their diary for me and always auctioned upon any points immediately
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I did regularly feel like I didn’t have enough work to do and would end up a bit bored most days
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I took over processes by myself and was given a lot of responsibility and trust, all my work went through someone else too before being approved which took pressure of to reassure it was done correctly
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I’ve learnt so much from my role that I’ll carry onto my final year of university, not only skills based but also in my maturity and personality
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The office is really nice with a social space next to a coffee shop alongside sofas and booths, everyone was very chatty and friendly
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
I feel they could’ve been better prepared for what my specific role was in order to prevent me from not having enough to do, but that’s specific to my role, in terms of the scheme itself it was very well organised
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I was put on quite a few training courses and had opportunities to develop, they were also open to suggestions if we wanted to go on a specific course
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Had it not been for Covid-19 there would’ve been opportunities to return to the company with a full time job or on the graduate scheme but being a travel company this wasn’t as easily done this year
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Within my team we did something every few months but within the placement team there was a big social aspect and we were regularly getting together
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Living in Luton was so cheap and we were also really close to London which meant we could have social events there too without staying in Luton
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Nightlife in Luton wasn’t good but London was so close and cheap to get to it made up for it
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
I personally didn’t do any activities outside of work other than social events organised amongst people, but I’m not sure what opportunities there were because I would’ve got involved otherwise