1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
It was an amazing work experience, as the first intern at Box EMEA I was given responsabilities since day 1. I enjoyed very much working with the recruitment team!
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I has a great relationship with my colleagues. I came to Box having not so great communication skills and I can say now, after my 14-month placement year with the company, that I can work in a team efficiently and that my communication and social skills have been improved significantly.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
The relationship I had with my manager was exceptional. We understood eachother and in busy and stressful times we communicated in a very efficient way. He always supported me and answered all my questions. He was more like a mentor than a manager.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
It depends on the period of time. Sometimes I was very busy, which made me to be very organised. I really enjoyed busy times, as I could put in practice my multitasking skills. In not so busy times, I could use the time to get a bigger insight on the company and learn new things.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
A lot. I started off coordinating all the EMEA interviews and then, after a few months, I started conducting interviews myself, which was very fulfilling. I loved how the company trusted me with big responsabilities since the first week, always with the help of my manager.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I am currently studying a degree of Politics with Economics and my year in industry with Box helped me develop so many skills that I will take with myself for live. I believe that a year in recruitment will help anybody in any degree to understand how a company functions and will prepare you for your future career.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Box is knows for its amazing culture and diverse environment. The people working at this company are what make Box a great place to work for.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Being the first placement student at Box EMEA, I was impressed in seeing that they had prepared a very detailed onboarding programme for me.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
A great lot. I was part of the company as an employee not an intern ans this meant that I got the support and training that everybody gets when they start at Box. I was involved in many other activities such as volunteering days with my team and all-day training sessions.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
They are conducting a new placement scheme which looks amazing!
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
When I started, there were no other placement students, but after a while they started implementing new placement year opportunities in other departments and I had a great relationship with them!
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
London is an expensive city, but very much worth it living here for at least one year!
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
London has an amazing nightlife! You have a great range of options, from going to clubs in Camden town to going to very VIP clubs in Soho.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes! We had volunteering days and many parties outside the office with colleagues.