I enjoyed the vacation scheme immensely. It was really interesting to see how a law firm functions on the inside and the relevance of the work lawyers do to the commercial world.
2. To what extent did you feel valued during your time at the company or firm?
I felt extremely valued during my time at DLA. Graduate Recruitment made sure they knew exactly who we were even amongst a hundred-odd people always addressing you by name etc. I was made to feel welcomed by everyone, right from the partners to the trainees in both the seats I did.
3. How much guidance/support did you receive during the insight?
The programme is well-structured and you are constantly updated and reminded of what you should be doing/are expected to be doing. They also try to make the whole programme seem less competitive so that you feel supported by the other interns too.
4. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and information you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Even though commercial law in practice is very different from the academic side of it, I believe I learned a lot. Much of the work I did in my finance seat also helped me provide an interesting take in my LLM thesis.
5. How well structured was the insight?
You are never unsure of what you need to be doing! Graduate recruitment and my supervisors all seemed to ensure that my three weeks were very well structured.
6. How was the general atmosphere during your insight?
The energy of DLA Graduate Recruitment permeates through the entire scheme and I made some very good friends on the scheme in the short three weeks. We had a pizza party on our first day, were taken to multiple networking dinners (which were actually quite relaxed!) and all in all expected to really enjoy ourselves even though we were working hard.
7. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
8. To what extent did the insight help you to understand what it would be like to have a full time role with the company or firm?
9. How much did the insight help you in understanding the company culture?
10. How valuable was the content of the day in helping you to decide on your future career path?
11. Were you paid or reimbursed adequately for this experience?
12. Were there opportunities for networking and meeting other employees of the company or firm?
13. How were the networking/ social event opportunities?
14. Did you find out about activities that employees can get involved in outside of work?