Digital Marketing Intern at Lubrizol

Derby East Midlands
Business Management E-Business Information Technology Logistics and Operations Market Research Marketing

Lubrizol is a Top Employer

8.5/10

6.6

Support top-tier clientele with digital tools and equip them with strategies to build a positive digital experience for their customers.

Greatly. The work was exhilarating, my co-workers were friendly, and the location was optimal. Coming from the US, I wasn't sure what to expect. But the work atmosphere at Lubrizol was excellent and I really enjoyed my time.

I interned in the marketing department at Lubrizol and our "hallway" was as close as family. We joked around a decent bit but always got our work done and enjoyed it while we did it. I especially enjoyed hanging out with my co-workers outside of work.

My manager not only supported my work but was proud to sponsor it. He always made sure I had any and every resource at hand to complete my projects and encouraged me to explore new ideas, which I did.

On an average day, I probably had 3-5 hours of work to complete for a deadline. The remaining time I spend coming up with new ideas and testing them, getting to know my colleagues, and learning about the business.

One thing I particularly enjoyed about my placement was the amount of responsibility I was given. I was encouraged to take risks and act entrepreneurially. Even if I didn't feel like I had the skillset, I was given the responsibility which would seem like a bad thing if my manager was not as supporting as he was.

My experience at Lubrizol definitely equipped me with skills for life. I developed familiarity with cutting-edge technology like AR/VR, I initiated machine learning projects, and I learned practical management tips. Lubrizol's company culture develops the whole person. It would be a fiction to say they only care about technical skills.

Serious when need be, but generally fun-loving and friendly.

Quite. I never had a shortage of meaningful work to complete and there was a very clear expectation of the quality of work that I needed to complete.

Very appealing.