Support top-tier clientele with digital tools and equip them with strategies to build a positive digital experience for their customers.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Greatly. The work was exhilarating, my co-workers were friendly, and the location was optimal. Coming from the US, I wasn't sure what to expect. But the work atmosphere at Lubrizol was excellent and I really enjoyed my time.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I interned in the marketing department at Lubrizol and our "hallway" was as close as family. We joked around a decent bit but always got our work done and enjoyed it while we did it. I especially enjoyed hanging out with my co-workers outside of work.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My manager not only supported my work but was proud to sponsor it. He always made sure I had any and every resource at hand to complete my projects and encouraged me to explore new ideas, which I did.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
On an average day, I probably had 3-5 hours of work to complete for a deadline. The remaining time I spend coming up with new ideas and testing them, getting to know my colleagues, and learning about the business.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
One thing I particularly enjoyed about my placement was the amount of responsibility I was given. I was encouraged to take risks and act entrepreneurially. Even if I didn't feel like I had the skillset, I was given the responsibility which would seem like a bad thing if my manager was not as supporting as he was.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
My experience at Lubrizol definitely equipped me with skills for life. I developed familiarity with cutting-edge technology like AR/VR, I initiated machine learning projects, and I learned practical management tips. Lubrizol's company culture develops the whole person. It would be a fiction to say they only care about technical skills.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Serious when need be, but generally fun-loving and friendly.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Quite. I never had a shortage of meaningful work to complete and there was a very clear expectation of the quality of work that I needed to complete.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes! Great commanderies.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?