1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Love working for enterprise so much I wanted to stay on and go part time, so many opportunities to do well within the company and progress too. They really do reward hard for the hard work you put in.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
It’s a constant change in who you work with as everyone moves branches all the time however it’s great to work with new people each day and let all your different skills bounce off each other.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
In terms of completing the folder if you ask your manager for set time to sit down and do it you alway do, when I needed extra help for one of the test we went for a drink and spent time going through everything one to one.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Each day is unique and very busy your have something to constantly do. There is never a boring day at enterprise
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given a fair bit of responsibility, in the first few months i was given marketing accounts and bad debt to chase for the area and then as i learnt the business more I started to take control of more things and eventually started to run the day
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
You learn so many different skills such as team working skills, communication, competitive skills, and confidence. These all come in when I started to learn the way of the business I wasn’t to do the best I can and that reflected in all the skills I was learning and improving.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Fun and friendly place to work.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Very well set up, there was a folder to be completed, we weren’t to different training days and we were treated the same as any other employee.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Each person receives there own business cards, email and accounts. Each person is given a large responsibility in being the face of the company.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
After my placement year I became an ambassador for enterprise and my university to recruit people into the company, on top of this I carried on with part time work too.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
All the placement staff got on really well as most of us knew each other for university already and we were all on the same boat.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I rented privately so fairly expensive, not much to do in terms of socialising in my town but lots of places to visit not too far away.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Not much to do only one Club in my town, lots of pubs however though.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
With the long hours it’s not possible to do any extra activity’s I personally found.