Business Change Analyst at Computacenter

Business Management
Computacenter is a Top Employer

5.9/10

6.0

Working on Internal Projects, aimed at improving the company's processes, Technology and People.

Overall it was not a wasted year as I made key/valuable contacts and learnt a lot more about myself and what my wants and needs are, this early in my career. So overall more positive than negative.

I only felt valued towards the end when my contribution to the projects and my responsibilities increased.

I received a great amount of support and advice by Senior Management, some of which were not my direct reports. Nevertheless, they were open to helping me settle in and share their knowledge of the company.

Not busy at all for majority of placement. I only became busy at the end, when I had the opportunity to coordinate a project and get stuck in.

It was a major struggle to get meaningful work handed to me for several months into my placement. But towards the end, one of the projects had picked up speed and I was best placed to pick up some responsibility. I took the opportunity to demonstrate my abilities and I value the opportunity that presented itself. It saved my placement from being entirely responsibility free.

I was aligned to an International Project workstream which is benefitial to my International Business degree. I was able to get experience on a few projects which I will be able to link to my essay in my final year module called 'Managing Change'.

Colleagues always had a laugh.

In my opinion the placement was not planned well prior to us joining. Therefore the beginning was painful and it made it hard to settle in. I barely had 1 task to do every day for several months.

Completed my PRINCE2, all paid for by the company.