I worked in the International Sector, rotating around the different departments within it.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
It was the best year of my life so far, it pushed me to think differently, challenge myself and also know myself worth. Computacenter invested in me and i invested in them. I definitely would recommend them.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I always felt valued and they aways gave time to me if I didn't understand something, they also would explain things differently if needed due to my lack of experience within IT. They also listen to my point of view.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I was always given support, I didn't feel neglected once. They where many people that offered it not just management.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was relatively busy, it was manageable for my experience and pay.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
More then i thought, i was given complete responsibility on mulitable projects.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
my placement year at CC gave me more valuable skills then my two years at uni. I use skills I gain from them every day, for example, time management and how to work with different people daily.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
It was very friendly and happy, i always look forward to coming into work due to the people being to lovely and inclusive.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
It could have been more organized in turns of my rotation due to some departments not knowing I was leaving to move on when I was or not being ready for me in turns of work to do but the working world isn't also as structured as we would like.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I went one once training course during my time at CC, however, I knew other Placement students that went one more I think it was all down to what was needed for your role in the business.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
very, I will be applying back for a grad scheme.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
the social scene was developing during my time there, it was good but i can see how it can become great over time. We would have drinks/social meet up once a month.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
it was expensive due to being in London but it was worth it due to enjoyment.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
I worked in London so was very fun and always something to do.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
A few but it was up to you to take these opportunities, due to my personal time table I didn't take up many.