1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
It was a great experience. I had the opportunity to develop a lot of skills and learn a lot about the company as a whole.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Everyone in the team appreciated my worked and helped me whenever I needed anything.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
The support given by my manager and my mentor was great, they helped me to get used to the team's workflow and the technologies they were using. They gave important feedback and helped me become a better engineer.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I had a good life-work balance. I had enough time to get used to the tools and try to come up with my own solutions on my own pace, but while also having a lot of interesting tasks.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I feel that my work was important and will have a great impact on the team's future work. I didn't have that much exposure to other team projects, but it was interesting nonetheless.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I acquired a lot of useful skills, not only for study, but also for future employment. I learned to use a lot of common developer tools and understand higher level architectures.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
We had a lot of internship events and parties, but at the same time this events helped us understand more about the company and its culture.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Everything was easy to setup straight away and I was able to be productive from early on.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
We started by having a week of training in which we were presented company's technologies and learn more about style guides and libraries that they are using.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I think I did well during my internship and I proved some skills while developing others and if given the chance I would come back.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
We were very close together and had the opportunity to connect more through the events organised by the company.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
It was not very expensive, but not very cheap either.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
I am not a big fan of nightlife but I know that there were a lot of nice places to spend your time around the workplace.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes, we had many opportunities to join volunteering events and get into communities supporting different categories of people.