Programming - app development
Team building - agile
Europe - travel
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
The future talent team really puts in alot of effort to ensure the experience is a good one. Ihad a great time this year, regularly setting up social events and checking up on how each of the interns were getting on in their roles.
Loved the Christmas dinner also, brilliant time.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
My team were amazingly supportive with my development. I felt that I were making a huge impact to the teams output within the company.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My manager did try to support my development. However, a lack of technical knowledge within my specific area meant that my manager couldn't provide mentorship in that regard, which led to personal development for most of the year.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was very busy for portions of the year but there were regular occasions that I had to find my own work, I would say about 30-40% of my projects were internal projects that I sourced myself. I did however, receive support from my manager on these projects which was better than me just doing personal projects.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given large amounts of responsibility, mostly during the busy periods of the year where my projects would be shown to the entire sales force.
I enjoyed showing off my work as it reinforced a good standard of work and meeting the project requirements
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Mostly technical work during my placement means that I can adapt my knowledge and apply it to my degree.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
There were no perks with
this Placement Year
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?