Software developer at Computacenter

Version control
Team building - agile
Europe - travel
Rest APIs

The future talent team really puts in alot of effort to ensure the experience is a good one. Ihad a great time this year, regularly setting up social events and checking up on how each of the interns were getting on in their roles.

Loved the Christmas dinner also, brilliant time.

My team were amazingly supportive with my development. I felt that I were making a huge impact to the teams output within the company.

My manager did try to support my development. However, a lack of technical knowledge within my specific area meant that my manager couldn't provide mentorship in that regard, which led to personal development for most of the year.

I was very busy for portions of the year but there were regular occasions that I had to find my own work, I would say about 30-40% of my projects were internal projects that I sourced myself. I did however, receive support from my manager on these projects which was better than me just doing personal projects.

I was given large amounts of responsibility, mostly during the busy periods of the year where my projects would be shown to the entire sales force.

I enjoyed showing off my work as it reinforced a good standard of work and meeting the project requirements

Mostly technical work during my placement means that I can adapt my knowledge and apply it to my degree.

• There were no perks with this Placement Year