Software Engineering Intern at Bloomberg

Banking/Finance Information Technology

Bloomberg is a Top Employer

6.6/10

5.4

I thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of my placement. While being treated as a full time team member making meaningful contributions, there were plenty of exciting events and opportunities to take part in as part of the placement and otherwise. I gained invaluable industry experience here.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 8 roles at Bloomberg

From the onset I was treated with the respect of a permanent team member. Furthermore after becoming involved in projects and making contributions I was considered a spokesperson for different components I worked on. I worked closely with my team and my opinions and suggestions were always valued. I felt a very strong sense of community within my team, and made strong friendships.

I received on going support from my manager and team, and was assigned a mentor who was always available for anything I needed, technical or otherwise. I had regular one to one meetings with my manager and mentor, and received valuable feedback each step of the way.

I had ongoing work that I was tasked with and was always kept busy. My team had a very strong work ethic and this sometimes reflected in long working hours. While I was not pressured to do so myself, this was a trend in the team. Despite that, my enjoyment of my projects meant it was not a drag, and the support meant I was never overworked.

I was given plenty of responsibility working on a meaningful and crucial project. I was responsible for the deployment and support of my work, however was always supported by my team with this.

I have strongly developed my applied software engineering skills. Moreover, the opportunity to branch out of my day to day work means I have gained exposure to new areas of my subject that I have found to really enjoy; I expect this to guide my module decisions.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 8 roles at Bloomberg

Very friendly and relaxed environment within Engineering.

• There were no perks with this Placement