1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I enjoyed the internship to a very large extent. It was very engaging and the feedback and support from colleagues made everything even better. Most days were nice and busy but not too much. The skills learned during the internship will definitely come in handy after finishing university.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
We were a very close team and I felt valued at all times. Feedback and recognition was given at any time during the internship.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Plenty support and guidance all throughout, I could feel the team wanted to help me develop and progress.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Usually it was a great mix between but there were a couple of days where it was just too much. Happens at every job at some point though, and it does teach you a lot.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given enough responsibility to keep me busy. Towards the end of the internship I felt like I was ready for more and I did got given that opportunity but not to the extent I would have liked to.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Everything was so useful and I cannot wait to use these skills in the future. Everything I learned was so useful and I feel like I've grown so much as a person.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
It was great, fun and friendly environment.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
It was very well organised, did have to stay back a couple of times but these things happen.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I feel like the company invested quite a lot in me. We had development meetings, customer service trainings, statement nights - overall felt very appreciated and really liked that.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Very appealing because of the quick progression within the organisations because of the "promote from within" ideology.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There was indeed, there were social events organised and we were very well connected.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Cheap as chips
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
It was alright.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?