- 1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
- 2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
- 3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
- 4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
- 5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
- 6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
- 7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
- 8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
- 9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
- 10. What were the perks on your work placement?
- 11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
- 12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
- 13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
- 14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
- 15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
My commercial internship at Redgate has been the best summer internship I have done! I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here and have felt completely welcomed into the company and my team. The friendly company atmosphere and my managers made the internship thourgly enjoyable as I was able to gain all the skills and exposure I wanted from the internship as well as enjoying myself along the way.
I felt extremely valued at Redgate. I was tasked with completing three projects all with obvious significant value to Redgate as a company moving forward hopefully preventing lost revenue through renewals as well as closing renewals and bringing in money for the company. these things meant that I felt extremely valued.
I was loads of support during my time with Redgate. My managers regularly held 1-to-1's to talk about my progress I was making on projects and tasks they had set me as well as if there was anything else they could do to help. Stand-ups were a regular daily occurrence which helped the team understand where I was in my project and suggest any avenues I may want to explore if there was anything they could help with.
I was kept busy on a day to basis by setting out action points the afternoon before by my manager. The next day I would work on the points discussed the day before and continue with my project. Whenever I had a gap of no work I always had the filler task of working integration opportunities in order to try and close some deals that would otherwise close loss.
My commercial internship at Redgate has been the best summer internship I have done! I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here and have felt completely welcomed into the company and my team. The friendly company atmosphere and my managers made the internship enjoyable as I was able to gain all the skills and exposure I wanted from the internship as well as enjoying myself along the way.
I developed many skills whilst working for Redgate, some that I expected to develop and master such as sales and communication to customers over the phone but some others that were unexpected such as networking and presentation skills. All in all, I have developed vital skills that I believe will help me massively in my final year of study and when I progress into the workplace.
The atmosphere within Redgate was great! The company is filled with really friendly staff and everyone is really approachable.
The projects I was given could have been organized better. More clear instruction into what the company was after from the project and cross-communication between the departments to make sure the relevant data was available before I started would have saved me two weeks of refactoring my proposal. Overall the experience was a good one as I now understand the limitations of projects that span multiple departments.
I was given training in multiple sales techniques, needs analysis training and data analysis techniques.
Very appealing I hope to work at Redgate after I finish my degree. It is clear to me that there are plenty of career options available to me at Redgate and the intern experience as a whole has shown me that I definitely want to return to Redgate in the future.
Yes, there was intern events and nights out were planned both by the company and by the interns themselves. This included welcome and leaving drinks and intern night out where we did team-building exercises such as escape rooms and a meal together. The atmosphere within the intern group was great and I have made some amax=zing new friends.
Very expensive Cambridge these days is almost like London prices.
Cambridge nightlife is good but not great, unfortunately. Plenty of bars and pubs to go to but little in terms of clubs. Everything is very expensive (London prices) but they don't warrant the price with the bars/clubs/pubs are average at best! An average night out with a London price tag.
Loads of activities happening outside of work including football teams, yoga, gaming nights all kinds of stuff.
Internship (1-4 Months)
Business Analytics, Business Intelligence, Sales
Central London and City