1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I thoroughly enjoyed mt placement year at Golfbreaks.com. It is an excellent company to be a part of and exceeded all my expectations.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt highly valued by my colleagues at Golfbreaks. There is real high morale in the company and this has a lot to do with how members of staff treat each other.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My manager at Golfbreaks gave me excellent support and guidance during my placement year. He was extremely approachable and was always happy to help with any queries or questions I had no matter how big or small.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I feel like at Golfbreaks there I had the perfect balance of being busy whilst never feeling overwhelmed or too stressed.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
One of the best things about my placement at Golfbreaks is the amount of responsibility I was given. I was treated like a full time employee and given the same amount of responsibility of as the full timers on the team.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I feel like in the role I have learnt many valuable skills, (e.g pipeline management) which I will definitely take back to my studies as well as future job opportunities.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
There is a great atmosphere in the office, with very high morale.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The placement is very well organised, with clear itineraries set up at the start of the placement to ease you into the role.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The training at Golfbreaks is very extensive, with weekly catch ups to air any concerns or areas of weakness. The training was the perfect platform to achieve good things in the role, and included group training sessions as well as shadowing other members of staff.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
A future role in the company would be very appealing for me, due to the excellent year I have had on placement.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There is a great social aspect of working at Golfbreaks with a real "work hard, play hard" attitude amongst the staff.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I actually travelled from home for my placement year but the price of drinks in Windsor is quite expensive, as with any area in Berkshire or greater London.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Nightlife in Windsor is very lively, especially at the weekend.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
The company organised many social and sporting events outside of work, with an example being the summer social at liquid leisure.