Handling UK clients and enquiries on a daily basis in charge of planning their breaks as part of the UK sales team.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I loved every minute of my placement. It has been so insightful into a medium sized business and the day to day running. My sales placement has been great- I was given full responsibility like a full timer and really learnt
a lot about Golfbreaks.com but also sales in general-hugely beneficial moving forward.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
We sat and spent our day to day working life with the full time agents who supported us wherever necessary. The offered a massive amount of help and support with any questions we had and were genuinely key in the team hitting its targets on a monthly basis.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Extremely. I was lucky enough to have a manager who was in the same position as me a few years ago so really gave us a huge amount of respect and really understood our point of view as students. He offered extensive training and made us feel valued every day.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Nicely busy. My role was controlled by myself managing clients and being organised to allow myself the right amount of work. We weren't forced into anything and were responsible for our own pipeline therefore set our own business level. No day was unmanageable or quiet.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
The same as any other employee. The role is exactly the same as a full timer and therefore was a massive amount of responsibility. We handled clients money and personal details and were solely responsible for their holidays. This was daunting at first but really made me feel I was adding value.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
We were given extensive training into our roles. For me, it was sales based and I was given a thorough understanding of Golfbreaks.com's practices but also into the sales cycle and other key aspects such as pipeline management I can use going forward- training couldn't have been better.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
A very open plan layout and everyone enjoying their roles made for a great environment. I was sat in the sales section where there is a real buzz from everyone around you. We even have a golf simulator in the office which makes our down time more fun! Great office.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Very well set up- From day 1 we had a clear breakdown of what we needed to achieve and this made the transition from uni seamless. The nature of a medium sized business is every changing but they kept us very level as students and made it very comfortable for us.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
We were fully invested the same as the full time staff. Training continued throughout the whole year with weekly meeting and catch ups as well as top up classes on key sales skills. We were taken away regularly on FAM trips across the world.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Massively. Much of the growth within the company is internal and this gives the constant feel of people striving to go further in the company. You can see the opportunities for placements student and I am keen to come back as a graduate.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Excellent. Golfbreaks hires many students and this is great as it makes the transition very easy. There is always someone else keen to socialise whether that be a student or a full time member of staff- Windsor is great for a night out.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Windsor isn't cheap but a wonderful place to live. Great links to London and beautiful surroundings makes it an extremely attractive area of the country.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Huge array or bars and pubs in Windsor with great views of the castle and the river- also with great links to London, city life isn't far away.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes- lots of golf as you would expect as well as other opportunities for sports teams and activities- great place to work if you like this stuff.