1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Enterprise was a very fun and rewarding environment to work in. The job has such a wide range of tasks with the opportunity for fast track promotion.
The company requires a lot of hard work but very much rewards that hard work. This is really what you want from a good company
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt very valued by my colleagues. I have been lucky to be station at two different branches and cover several . Every branch operates differently and has a different scope of customers.
I really felt that all the staff especially my managers really valued my hard work and would always be there to help.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Everyone at the company wants you to do well. Everyone encourages you for promotions. Everyone is always warm and welcome and happy for you to ask them any questions you have and will always point you in the correct direction.
What is also very good is that you manager and area manager will know you on a personal basis.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Every day is different. When you are busy you are BUSY. If you are not prepared to really work hard this placement isnt for you. If you work hard your manager and area manager will make sure you are rewarded.
Saying that some days you would only have a hand full of reservations for the whole day.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
As you work through the structure of Enterprise you are given more and more and more responsibility. Sometimes it can feel overwhelming but it always ends up being fine.
For me 8 months into my placement I was running the branch on certain days!
Now I have been able to pass my internal exams I have much more responsibility.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
With this job time management is very much key. This really has put me in a good position for going back to university. To add good discipline in day to day activities have also been beneficial.
This will put me in a good position for course work and exams when it comes to it.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The general atmosphere can very branch to branch it is entirely made up by the workforce. Some branches can be more fun than others. Branches range from 2 members of staff to 6 members of staff really speaking but some locations are even bigger. But the company is a fun and friendly place.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The placement journey is very well organised with guidance and training throughout, which is very very helpful.
The training aspect is very helpful and you can reguarly review yourself so you know where you need to be for the next step of your career at this company enterprise rent a car.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
There was massive levels of investments made in training by the company. My first week was a residential training trip with all meals and expenses included.
There was also regular training every couple of months teaching new skills and knowledge getting you ready for your internal exams to pass to become an assistant manager
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
The future employment opportunities are quite promising here with Enterprise. Once you have sat your MQI exam then you are able to apply for assistant manager roles, which lead to branch manager roles.
But if daily rental is not for your there are several other fields such as re marketing or pricing
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Most of the staff you meet are under 30 so there is quite a social scene out of work
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I lived in the area i worked so for me there was no cost.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Next to none but that is not part of the job really .
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Personal activities yes but there was little in the way of branch related actives