1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I was given real, meaningful client work alongside intern projects, giving me a broad experience into different areas and types of work specific to the role.
There was also a fun work environment in an open plan office, making it easy to talk to and get involved in conversations with everyone.
Everyone was always willing to help out and offer any extra work to get involved with.
There was also a great social scene, with lots to get involved in.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Colleagues were always willing to help with my work, in addition to asking me for help with their work and valued my input.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I was given a buddy who was always there to answer any questions I had.
Anyone around the office that I went to with questions was also more than happy to help out.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Over the six weeks I was kept busy with multiple tasks, there was always something to do.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was frequently involved in important client work, in addition to attending a research meeting with a fund manager.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The skills I developed will be highly relevant to my further studies and the career path I intend to take. I built on a great deal of transferable skills, including presentation skills and conducting myself in a professional manner, as well as some highly technical skills, all of which I will no doubt call upon in the future.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Very friendly and welcoming. There was a very fun yet supportive atmosphere
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Highly organised and well set up, with suitable training, projects and deadlines planned in advance.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
There were dedicated training sessions and personal development opportunities available.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Highly appealing. Very exciting development opportunities and what appears to be a very exciting and rewarding grad scheme, of which I would love to be offered a place onto.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Excellent social scene, often things to get involved with both during and after work.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Reasonably expensive, but overall good value for money.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Reasonably relaxed but a large number of pubs and bars.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Many sporting and other social opportunities were offered.