Technical Annual Placement at Tata Steel

6.5/10

7.3

5.5

Customer Technical Services and Product Development

Great environment to work in where I have been given challenging projects that benefit the company and has helped improve my skills set

Colleagues have been very supportive and have made me feel a part of the team

Line Manager's door was always open where he was always keen to know how I am coping
project supervisors are also very approachable

periods where I am very busy and other days where progress with projects were moving slowly due to external factors

Responsibility and taking control of the placement was a big aspect
I was given a lot of responsibility where I had to take charge of situations and was expected to work independently

Immensely, the experience has had a positive impact on my soft skills, time and project management skills which will be valuable in my future career

Good banter in the office with some very funny characters
I was in an open plan office so I was able to interact with most people in the building

Had the opportunities to give presentations at event days and meetings which really improved my presenting skills and confidence

Good grad scheme and opportunities to work abroad as it is an international company

Christmas meal and leaving do's
I was able to go on road trips to customer visits
Charity sports tournaments in the early stage of placement
as well as socials

Joined a sports club and university society outside the Workplace