Assessment Centre Coordinator at FDM Group

Recruitment

7.7/10

It's been a thoroughly enjoyable year from start to finish. Prior to beginning a placement the last thing I wanted was to spend the first 3 months twiddling my thumbs whilst seeking out some responsibility - that definitely wasn't the case at FDM! From the very first week I was trusted to deliver and throughout the year I've felt like I've been growing constantly.

Very much so. I think a good indicator is that now, coming to the end of my placement, colleagues are surprised when I tell them that I'm returning to university. A modern, agile company, you quickly come in to contact with colleagues from all departments and building relationships has been easy.

I've always felt that If I wanted support I knew how to seek it; important for myself though was to be left with my own responsibilities and whilst there have been challenges along the way, these have been vital to my development. There is a Mentoring programme in place which has been useful.

Very busy, from beginning of placement to the end. There's barely been a quiet moment. Whilst fast-paced It's been great to have a certain level of pressure to deliver. Alongside my regular responsibilities, there's been extra ad-hoc tasks that have come along the way.
I feel that with my responsibilities I now understand how I work much better, and will be greatly more confident in my work post-final year.

A great amount of responsibility throughout the placement. you don't just feel like you're doing 'tasks for a placement student', instead I feel like my work has a strong contribution to both my department and the greater business.

Studying Business at university I feel that previous studies had allowed me to understand business's in a theoretical, however my placement has added practical context.
For next year I hope that prioritisation and organisational skills developed on placement will help me to achieve the grade I hope for.
Beyond university, I'm much more confident in making career choices. I now better understand the areas of work I enjoy and also, importantly, the areas I'd like to steer away from.

The general atmosphere is vibrant and driven. A young atmosphere; opportunity is what propels FDM. I've found it to be a good mix of hard work alongside camaraderie.

The work placement was set up well. I had a handover period with my predecessor so the transition into work was made easier.

FDM is a Recruit, Train, Deploy company so training is a key aspect of the operation. I've had the opportunity to seek out training courses.

• There were no perks with this Placement Year

Very appealing, I'd definitely like to come back and feel that there are a range of opportunities to do so.

Yes both alongside fellow placement students and colleagues. After a week of work the opportunity to unwind is definitely one keenly taken.

Compared to university nights out are definitely expensive. Being in Central London however I guess that's to be expected.

Very good. A strong mix of different nightlife - good bars and restaurants.

Yes there were.