1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Didn't start off well but managers were great at catering the role towards me during the placement. I didn't enjoy the beginning and did have some issues but that was resolved. the role has enabled me to learn a lot about technology and the Profesional environment. Atos encourages to do get involved with charities and other activities which I enjoyed. overall I enjoyed my placement
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Colleagues treated me equally in the workplace and there is no visible hierarchy, my manager was very appreciative of us interns and did take us out on a regular. The fact that our managers spoke to us multiple times in a week and had regular catch ups made us feel valued
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
As an intern, I felt I was just left on my own to do my own projects and didn't get the best guidance or support, but due to the dynamics of the team and the business I was placed in it was impossible to receive good technical guidance. but in terms of professional guidance, my team and the role has contributed towards that
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Most days are evenly balances with regular catch up with your teams and time to work on your project. with deadlines to meet and other projects, I was working on I did find my day evenly balances. Early in the placement, I wasn't too busy but 2/3 months in my days was evenly balance
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
A good amount of responsibility for an intern but wasn't sure if I was making a great impact. Majority of the time you can pick up projects and other responsibilities during the placement. My team did appreciate the work which I had produced and they do use it on its daily basis
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
A lot of training was funded via the Atos University which allowed for me to receive certification. There are many skills I've picked up, both technical and everyday skills which can be transferred into my final year. With Atos you have access to courses such as AWS courses and other programming courses
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The office environment wasn't the best for me personally as there was a lack of diversity, my specific office wasn't the best for socials and other events. Other Atos office which I visited very often such as London had a great atmosphere and a great community to be involved in
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The structure of the placement was not organised at all but it was a case of the intern working out what they need to do on their placement. for me, it was a case of here is your task and I had to find a way to improve on a current system. But as months go by you have your own structure
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The Intern programme a 3-day training programme which allowed for all interns to identify flaws and things we can work one. On top of that a lot of my training was funded by my supervisor and I had an opportunity to receive free courses and certification in various topics such as using the cloud
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I am willing to come back to Atos as their hundreds of technical team which i can get involved with, but its appealing only if i know what the specific role is about.
I have been talking to current graduates and asking them about their roles at atos to gain a greater insight
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
The social environment was great and I became friends with most. i had an opportunity to go to Morocco for a charity trip with a group of interns. i personally made many friends in the London MCP office due to the fact the Birmingham office lacked diversity and there weren't many interns.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
The cost of living in Birmingham was okay the only problem was your stuck in between tow decisions due to the fact the Birmingham office is very far from the centre of Birmingham. So you choose to live cheap and closer to the office and have no social life or have a social life but pay the premium of living in the city
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
I personally dont go out
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
there were many oppurtunites such as visiting data centres and volunteering in Morocco